The Rare Beer Club™ Review
This beer club is available at multiple prices
Only ships to some states: See shipping locations
Beer Club Options
Our Beer Club Review of the Rare Beer Club
Tasting hundreds of beers each month, The Rare Beer Club™ only selects limited-release and exclusive craft beers, both from the U.S. and imported. The beers always come in large-format bottles (750 ml, like wine bottles). The styles are varied but include Farmhouse Ales, Russian Imperial Stouts, Belgian Abbey Ales, various Imperial and Grand Cru offerings, oak and other cask-aged ales, and so much more. Their Personalized Shipment Program™ allows recipients to customize shipments to exclude styles they don't like.
Beer of the Month Club Deals
The Very Definition of Rare
rare pronounced /rer/
(of an event, situation, or condition) not occurring very often.
synonyms: infrequent, scarce, sparse, few and far between, thin on the ground, like gold dust, as scarce as hen's teeth;
(of a thing) not found in large numbers and consequently of interest or value.
synonyms: unusual, recherché, uncommon, unfamiliar, atypical, singular
Often marketers use superlatives to describe the products they're selling. We try hard not to do that, but The Rare Beer Club™ is indeed aptly named and we find the selections to be unusually good, as scarce as hen's teeth, and atypical. The perfect beer club for any beer nerd who wants to go on adventure.
Rare Beer Club Shipments We've Received (and loved)
Why This Matters
Unlike some of the other beer subscription services — The Rare Beer Club™ and all of the options at the Microbrewed Beer of the Month Club — this company really focuses on great gifting. When you give a gift, you want it to be easy and a delight, you want great presentation, and you want to know your gift will arrive when expected.
The ability for you to choose how many months you give and how many beers per box gives you the ultimate flexibility for your budget. You can even choose to pay as you go instead of footing the whole bill up front.
You can choose which month the deliveries will start, so if you found this awesome beer gift idea today but it's too early to get it shipped, you can order now and specify the month it will arrive.
And of course even though we call The Rare Beer Club a "beer of the month club," you can choose to have it delivered less often than monthly... every other month or every three months are options, too.
A Roster of Impressive Rare Beers & Exclusive Selections
- Achel / Trappist Extra, a Dark Trappist Ale from Belgium [Jan 2017]
- Alesong Brewing and Blending / Raspberry Gose from Oregon Rare Beer Club Exclusive [Aug 2017]
- American Solera / The Ground is Shaking!, a Flemish-inspired Sour Brown Ale aged in Vin Santo wine casks from Oklahoma Rare Beer Club Exclusive [Nov 2017]
- BJ's Brewhouse / 2016 Grand Cru, a Strong Belgian Ale from California Rare Beer Club Exclusive [Feb 2017]
- Brasserie Dunham / Saison du Pinacle, a Farmhouse Saison from Canada [Apr 2017]
- Brau Brothers Brewing Company / Village Tart, a Sour Ale aged in used oak barrels from Minnesota [Aug 2017]
- Brouwerij Boon / 2016 Black Label Oude Geuze, a Oude Gueze from Belgium [Mar 2017]
- Brouwerij De Brabandere / Petrus Brewmaster’s Selection: Wild Tripel Ale, a Petrus Tripel with Amarilloa and Cascade hops (85%) blended with Foederbeer aged 24 months in oak foeders from Belgium [Dec 2017]
- Crazy Mountain Brewing Co. / Local's Stash Reserve Series Black Barleywine, a Barley Wine from Colorado [Jan 2017]
- Flying Fish Brewing Company / Exit 3, a blueberry Braggot from California [Apr 2017]
- High Water Brewing Company / Aphotic, an Imperioal Porter with Cacao Nibs from California Rare Beer Club Exclusive [Feb 2017]
- Jolly Pumpkin / L'épouvantail Noir, a blackberry pumpkin Saison from Michigan Rare Beer Club Exclusive [Oct 2017]
- Lambickx Private Domain / 2015 Hand Selected Lambic from Belgium [Jun 2017]
- Les Trois Mousquetaires / Hors Série Saison Brett, a Saison from Canada [Mar 2017]
- Mystic / Luminous Ruins, a hoppy Kettle Sour Wild Ale from Massachusetts [Jun 2017]
- Nebraska Brewing Company / HopAnomaly (Barrel Aged Reserve Series), a hoppy Belgian-Style Tripel aged in French oak Chardonnay barrels from Nebraska [Nov 2017]
- O'so Brewing Company / Space Ace Oddity, a Brett-fermented double dry-hopped Belgian White IPA from Wisconsin Rare Beer Club Exclusive [May 2017]
- Oproer / Imperial Oatmeal Stout from The Netherlands[May 2017]
- Panil / Ambrata Barriquée, a barrel-aged Sour Amber Ale from Italy Rare Beer Club Exclusive [Jul 2017]
- Port Brewing / The Lost Abbey / Blended Serpent’s Stout, a blended Bourbon-barrel-fermented Imperial Stout from California [Dec 2017]
- Spencer Brewing Co. / Trappist Imperial Stout, a Russian Imperial Stout from Massachusetts [Sep 2017]
- The Bruery / 10 Lords-A-Leaping, a seasonal Dark Imperial Wit Ale brewed with 10 spices from California [Oct 2017]
- To Øl / Black Malts and Body Salts, a black coffee Double IPA from Denmark [Jul 2017]
- Yazoo Brewing Company / Vérifiez vos Fruits!, a sour-fruited Belgian Strong Ale in Merlot oak barrels from Tennessee [Sep 2017]
Give The Rare Beer Club™
It's perfect for...
For some, the act of drinking beer rises above “what you do on a Friday night” and is a full on hobby. These beer drinkers often read about beer online, frequent sites like Beer Advocate and RateBeer, have the Untappd app on their phones to track the beers they drink, and most importantly, make a habit out of finding and trying new beers to drink whenever possible. More about Craft Beer Lovers
Many craft beer lovers enjoy discovering new beers just as much as they enjoy drinking them. They have a curious palate and jump on new beer trends, so they’re quick to order something they’ve never heard of just to check it out More about Explorers & Adventurers
Imagine a mashup of Dr. Frankenstein (mad scientist) and a craft beer lover, where instead of creating monsters and making them come alive, your favorite homebrewer is contemplating the ingredients for the wort, picking yeast for its fermentation abilities, figuring out which beers are going in the kegerator, etc. More about Homebrew Beer Geeks
This gift ships to these states
Alcohol shipping laws are complex. You can't send beer everywhere. Here is where you can send this gift.
This gift ships to these countries
Beer Club Options